Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ian's 12 month pics & Remembering Mt Zion















Why would someone burn down a church, 2 churches, in our community? Mt Zion was 156 years old. It was the 8th oldest church in the nation and the oldest Church of Christ building in use in Kentucky. Lots of memories and generations have gone through Mt Zion. This was the only church our family had been members of, the only church home Dustin had known, and the church where Ian had all his first holidays and VBS. It's a devestating loss and still a shock:(






3 comments:

Kim said...

I am sorry about your church. The look on Dustin's face broke my heart. He looks like he is so upset. I don't understand how someone could burn down anything especially a church!
On a positive note, those are such cute pics of Ian! He sure is sweet.:)

Blessed said...

Mom told me about your church. That is just unbelievable. I am so sorry.

Love Ian's 1 year pics. His blue eyes kill me.

Valerie said...

Ian's one year pics are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!
I think it's awful that someone could burn down a church.... so sad.
I think the picture of the church in the background with the stone 10Commandments in front is pretty cool. It's really cool that still stands. Maybe God's trying to tell us all something!